The dynamic nature of atmospheric environments pose one of the greatest obstacles to the accuracy of field collected reflectance measurements. It’s important to understand that a target’s reflectance spectrum is derived by ratioing two radiance measurements; one from the target and one from a white reference panel. Illumination consistency between the two measurements is critical for the derivation of an error-free reflectance spectrum.
Traditionally the frequency, timing and consistency of the reference measurement were a subjective and manual process. To minimize the impacts of atmospheric variability data collection was limited to those days with ideal weather conditions: cloud free, stable, and low humidity.
FieldSpec Dual collection software automates and synchronizes white reference and target radiance measurements, eliminating the need for manual white reference measurements and opening your collection window into what were once marginal stand-by days.
Compatible instruments include all FieldSpec 4’s and FieldSpec 3’s serial number 16178 and higher. FieldSpec Dual system configuration requires at least one FieldSpec 4. Spectroradiometers must be of the same spectral resolution.
Dual Reference Mount and a Wave Length Calibration Puck are required for operating the FieldSpec Dual software. To ensure accuracy and a convenient, efficient workflow ASD also recommends factory re-calibration of existing instruments, a heavy duty tripod, and the tripod instrument hook.
Instrument Controller Requirements
The minimum requirements for the instrument controller are:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10
- For 32-bit systems, Intel® or compatible 2 GHz or faster processor
- For 64-bit systems, 2.4 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum of 2 GB of RAM, more recommended
- For the FieldSpec Dual collection software, 5 GB disk space
- To store sample data, 10 GB disk space
- One USB 2.0 port
- 1366 x 768 or higher graphics resolution 24-bit color or better, 32-bit recommended
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet interface
- Ethernet wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter: PCMIA, USB, or internal that is compatible with the 802.11g standard
- (Optional) Serial communications port (RS-232 COM, Bluetooth®, or USB; only needed if a GPS is used)
Interested in the FieldSpec® Dual Collection Software? Request a quote or call us on +44(0)1954 232 776 to discuss your requirements.