Powered by eye-safe infrared lasers, the LaserWarn chemical detection system provides wide-area monitoring, and can detect gases with different and minute concentrations. Unlike traditional point sensors, LaserWarn allows for rapid detection at a distance, enabling quicker, more effective response.
Background chemicals found in the surrounding area are filtered out using AI machine learning algorithms, resulting in pinpoint identification of targeted threat chemicals. A facility that would normally require multiple point sensors can be effectively covered with a single LaserWarn system.
LaserWarn has the ability to interface with Common Operating Picture (COP) platforms to provide real-time situational awareness and actionable intelligence. By identifying exact chemical threats, commanders can feel confident that they will respond with the appropriate counter-measures for the situation at hand.
For many years, Block Engineering’s spectrometers have played a vital role in safeguarding individuals against chemical hazards. LaserWarn has been specifically created to ensure the protection of essential facilities such as airports, subway platforms, and military bases from Chemical Warfare Agents (CWAs), Toxic Industrial Chemicals/Materials (TICs/TIMs), and other dangerous substances. This system employs invisible eye-safe infrared lasers to swiftly identify chemicals across large areas, covering an acre in mere seconds. Additionally, LaserWarn’s extensive chemical library can be regularly updated to address emerging threats.
LaserWarn™ Key Features:
- Operation within designated mid-infrared spectrum ranges (7-13 µm), where hazardous gases exhibit robust and distinctive spectral characteristics.
- Significantly enhanced sensitivity, targeting precision, and operational range when compared to traditional infrared systems.
- Uninterrupted 24/7 functionality, both indoors and outdoors.
- An extensible repository of chemical threat profiles to specific operational needs.
- No need for consumables, ensuring minimal maintenance requirements.
- Deployment of eye-safe laser beams, facilitating operations in areas inhabited by people.
- Swift readings enabling prompt detection and immediate issuance of warning alerts.
Interested in LaserWarn? Request a quote or call us on +44(0)1954 232 776 to discuss your requirements.