Developed by LemnaTec, a global leader in digital phenotyping solutions, this innovative technology not only saves valuable time and labour but also provides a wealth of comprehensive information surpassing traditional visual scoring phenotyping methods. Specifically designed for non-movable, ground-standing plants, whether they thrive in soil, containers or pots, CanopyAIxpert captures imaging data from above the plants, focusing on plant canopies rather than individual specimens.
Featuring dedicated optics and illumination, CanopyAIxpert ensures optimal image quality for precise analysis. The system operates with fixed plant positions, enabling accurate and consistent data collection. Its versatility is unmatched, offering a wide range of imaging and sensing modules to suit different research requirements. From small-scale setups to larger dimensions, CanopyAIxpert adapts effortlessly to diverse plant growth environments.
A key highlight of this system is its unique gantry structure, which supports the mounted sensors and allows them to traverse the plant area. This dynamic movement ensures comprehensive coverage, capturing data from multiple angles and perspectives. By integrating environmental data, such as temperature, light and air humidity, recorded within the plant growth area, CanopyAIxpert provides a holistic understanding of the phenotypic traits exhibited by the plants. This combined dataset empowers researchers with deeper insights into the relationship between plant development and environmental conditions.
- Versatile instrument – with a wide range of phenotyping applications, perfect for studying the interactions between plants and their environment.
- Genotype-phenotype-relations – discover the intricate relationships between genotype and phenotype, advancing research and breeding efforts in the filed of plant science.
- For non-overlapping plants, this instrument goes beyond canopy-level data, providing detailed information at the plant level. This allows for a deeper understanding of individual plant traits and their response to environmental factors.
- With its multi-sensor phenotyping capabilities, this instrument combines the power of multiple sensors to gather a wealth data, further enhancing research outcomes. Leveraging advanced machine learning techniques, it extracts key features from the collected data, providing researchers with meaningful insights and facilitating analysis.
- To streamline and organise the wealth of plant data, this instrument comes equipped with a comprehensive database. This database serves as a central hub for storing plant data and metadata, enabling easy access, retrieval, and management of valuable information.
Plant Phenotyping and Soil Health Facility CHAP
The LemnaTec overhead phenotyping platform is a crucial component of the CHAP’s Soil Science Unit at Cranfield University. This cutting-edge platform allows researchers to develop and test innovative sensors and sensor protocols within controlled soil-crop systems. By using LemnaTec, scientists can gain valuable insights into plant characteristics and soil health, making significant contributions to the progress of agricultural practices. Read more>