Faster, more accurate and more portable, the updated LabSpec 4 spectrometer is a versatile and precise measurement device in a mobile package. The LabSpec 4 line uses ASD’s cutting-edge near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy to measure a wide variety of solids and liquids with exacting results in the lab or on site.
NIR energy penetrates several millimeters into organic substances to evaluate multiple properties simultaneously, allowing the system to analyse materials in real-time with minimal sample prep required. The new LabSpec 4 full-range Vis/NIR (350-2500 nm) analyser features several enhanced capabilities over previous models including:
- Enhanced configuration provides a twofold increase in performance in the SWIR region for faster, more complete material measurement.
- Well-balanced, consistent signal-to-noise characteristics at high analytic throughput rates, allowing the precise processing of hundreds of samples per day.
- Improved portability thanks to a standard 802.11g Wi-Fi connection and an optional ruggedised fiber optic cable.
- Portable, rugged and robust, yet with no compromise in performance
- 350-2500 nm spectral range
- Extreme sensitivity with Cooled InGaAs TurboScanner™ technology
- Up to 2150 data points per spectra (1 nm data interval)
- Complete spectra collected in 100 ms (0.1 sec)
- Unique low stray light post dispersive optical system
- Industry standard SMA fibre optic connectivity enables countless sampling capabilities
- Real time interface with Grams™, Unscrambler® and other chemometrics packages
LabSpec 4 Models:
- The LabSpec 4 Standard-Res, with a 10 nm resolution, is optimised for measurement of materials with broader spectral features, such as food and feed products, forestry products, and a variety of raw materials.
- The LabSpec 4 Hi-Res, with a high spectral resolution of 6 nm, is ideally suited for measuring materials that have sharp, well-defined spectral features, such as polymers, petrochemicals, industrial chemicals, and pharmaceutical active ingredients.
- Note: Both the Hi-Res and Standard-Red models of the LabSpec 4 are available as “i” models – these include an internal broad-spectrum halogen light source useful in measuring liquids, slurries, small sample sizes as well as other application that may require analysis using fibre optic sample probes.
Request a quote for LabSpec 4 or call us on UK: +44 (0)1954 232 776 / Ireland: +353 (0)144 75170.