We are Recruiting!
Analytik is pleased to announce two new exciting job vacancies; a General Manager and a Customer Service Support Engineer.
We are a small, successful team that have been successfully supplying unique, cutting edge scientific solutions for nearly 20 years. We source equipment from specialised global technology partners and deliver added value through our knowledge and expertise of products, markets and applications – enabling building of strong, long-lasting relationships with customers and suppliers. Our customers range from multi-national corporations to prestigious academic and government research institutes. We place our customers firmly at the heart of everything we do and are exceptionally proud of our reputation for providing industry leading pre- and post-sale support and customer service.
Please click below for more information about these exciting opportunities.
In order to drive further continued success a unique, wide-ranging, hands-on opportunity exists for a commercially focused General Manager with senior leadership experience to ensure optimum productivity and efficiency across all functions of the company.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the ideal candidate will have the gravitas and determination to drive improvements across the company whilst providing direction and coordination in support of Analytik’s key functions: Sales, Marketing, Service, Finance, Order Processing, Administration, Logistics and Facilities Management. The successful General Manager will have proven experience as a General Manager in a small business or similar executive role with the ability to absorb operational, technical, commercial and organisational information rapidly. A strong understanding of sales and marketing processes and their criticality to overall business performance is essential.
- Direct management of Analytik staff.
- Oversee Company financial banking activities including: Invoice payments and optimising profitability
- Production of management accounts
- Liaising with the company accountants and bookkeeper for accounts and payroll
- Manage payroll administration, including calculation of incentive payments for all staff salaries
- Manage the collation and payment of expenses from all Analytik staff
- Manage and control the product price list
- Be responsible for foreign exchange rate management and monitoring
- Manage the operational performance of the Sales team, ensuring optimal effectiveness and efficiency
- Understand basic technical/scientific details of instrumentation and associated key applications and markets
- Provide mentoring and motivation to the Sales team, leading by example
- Ensure positive and optimal collaboration and coordination between the Sales and Marketing teams
- Manage operational performance of Marketing team, ensuring optimal effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage the operational performance of the Service team, ensuring optimal effectiveness and efficiency
- Drive sales of service, including support plans to increase service revenue and profitability
- Manage Analytik’s facilities
- Be responsible for managing HR processes including holiday, sickness and staff records
- Oversee day-to-day administrative operations performed by other team members, including:
- Company documentation consistency and control
- WEEE program administration
- Order processing, packaging and shipping
- Receipt and distribution of post/deliveries
- Chasing, monitoring and coordination of supplier deliveries
- Coordination of customer deliveries, installations and related training
Skills & Experiences
- Proven experience as a General Manager in a small business or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Good knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, procurement, operations, etc)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Strong understanding of the importance of good service and other after sales support to the sales effort. Ability to refine and increase service revenue and profitability
- Strong understanding of financial processes, particularly with regards to foreign exchange for payment of suppliers and optimisation of profitability
- Ability to use own initiative, be proactive and logical with respect to problem solving
- A “can do” positive attitude that will be likely to “make things happen”
- Assertiveness with politeness, humility and diplomacy
This role is key to the development of Analytik; it involves management and interaction in all functions, with all company staff, associates, customers and suppliers. The General Manager will work on their own initiative, delegating and providing guidance to the other team leaders as necessary. You will play a key role in creating a motivated, engaged and productive workforce for this friendly, highly professional organisation. Apply here!
An exciting opportunity exists for a customer focused Service Support Engineer, preferably with experience of providing and coordinating service and support for complex and highly technical scientific equipment, to join a dedicated, friendly and flexible team to provide a comprehensive technical support service.
The successful candidate will use their previous experience to expand Analytik’s service and support functionality, implementing a structured and coordinated approach to customer support. They will liaise closely with our suppliers to proactively promote our service, support plans, training, and spares and consumables business. The role will involve spending significant amounts of time working with clients on customer sites throughout the UK. Industry related work experience is strongly desired but is not essential.
- Gains satisfaction in solving problems and going above and beyond what’s necessary to satisfy customers
- Thrives on getting things done with an excellent work ethic
- Willingness to learn with a natural curiosity
- Personable and able to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals
- Diplomatic with great communication skills
- Positive, forward-looking attitude
- Resourceful and flexible
Reporting to the Service Support Specialist, the job holder will
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of Analytik’s helpdesk, booking in support enquiries.
- Coordinate responses to customer support requests, liaising closely with relevant specialists, suppliers and administration as appropriate.
- Monitor helpdesk usage and ensure issues are closed out in a timely manner with optimal client satisfaction.
- Provide direct support as and when appropriate and with consultation of Service Support Specialist. This may involve site visits.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add value with Support Contracts, Training and Spares sales, or by passing other business opportunities to appropriate Sales Specialists.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers, Analytik staff and relevant supplier staff.
- Provide quotations for services, support plans, spares and consumables and plan appropriate follow up.
Skills & Experiences
- Experience of electro-mechanical, optical, pneumatic equipment and flow systems desirable but not essential
- General IT technical competence
- Basic hand tool competence
- Ability to work with and understand advanced, high value, scientific equipment
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail from practical and administrative perspectives
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with customers and supplier team members, directly and by phone, email and video conferencing.
- Ability to work on own initiative, planning and managing workload, but also be a strong team player
- Commercial awareness
- Familiarity and awareness of industrial H&S issues, PPE etc.
- Experience in maintaining equipment, as well as solving issues and providing fixes also desirable but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team in a dynamic, multi-faceted technical role offering genuine career development. Although the job holder will be required to attend meetings in the office from time to time, the position will require the job holder to be mobile and he/she will be provided with appropriate compensation for travel using their own vehicle, and IT equipment and services enabling remote working as required. Apply here!
If you would like to join our dynamic team, apply here by sending us your CV and a covering letter.