Cell Disruptors, Cell Lysis & Microfluidization
Microfluidizer® cell disruptors offer a number of advantages over other methods of homogenisation, including High Pressure Homogenisers.
Microfluidizer® cell disruptors are ideally suited to rupturing various cell types, due to the wide and controlled shear rate range they can apply to the sample. This control of the shear rate enables researchers to optimise the process parameters to achieve effective rupture rates while minimising the excess energy introduction to the system and avoiding denaturation of delicate proteins.
Common Cell Disruption Challenges
- Finding a single technology capable of lysing a variety of cell types
- The ability to achieve high rupture rates without damaging the cell
- Separating proteins from cell debris downstream
- Microfluidizer® technology achieves the highest levels of cell rupture and product recovery across all cell types via constant, controlled shear rates
- Efficient cooling ensure proteins stay intact, even under high pressure
- Resulting large membrane fragments make downstream processing easy
Discover how Queen Mary University London (QMUL) uses the LM20 Microfluidizer® for effective cell disruption of a broad range of cell types, in the words of Dr Petra Ungerer, Lab Manager at the School of
Biological & Chemical Sciences, QMUL.