UniPol L1000 & L2000
The UniPol L1000 & L2000 series of digital polarimeters differ from conventional, circle polarimeters by using an innovative ‘scanning’ measurement which derives the angle of rotation from a shift in waveforms observed by a detector. This in itself has a number of benefits; no optical encoder is required and therefore no moving parts, reducing complexity and therefore cost. As the detector ‘scans’ the full degree range, linearity is guaranteed over 360 degrees and does not require linearity calibration.
In addition to the features of the basic L model, this series features ’AWC’ (Automatic Wavelength Control) and an adjustable beam diameter for use of micro tubes for measurement of extremely scarce and valuable samples. AWC actively stabilises the temperature of the LED to compensate for drift meaning reliable measurements throughout the temperatures changes in a day.
Although principally designed for the pharmaceutical arena, these models are equally at home in university research labs due to their high cost/performance ratio and configuration flexibility.
- Resolution 0.001°. Precision ±0.005°. 1 or 2 fixed wavelengths
- Single measurement operation
- 4 measuring methods and 10 user defined programmable scales
- Integrated temperature sensor available
- Latest, state of the art optical and electronic component technology
- User friendly menu structure operated with splash proof alphanumerical keyboard
– results displayed on large LCD display
- The resolution and precision of the Unipol L1000 and L2000 polarimeters are higher
than the standard Unipol L model. All models meet European and American
Optical rotation, international sugar scale, concentration, user defined
±360° / ± 259°Z
Angel(°),°Z, specific rotation, concentration (%), user defined
589nm (others on request)
405nm and 589nm fixed
1 parallel, 1 PS2, 2 serial RS232, USB / Ethernet adapter optional
650 x 315 x 160mm (WxHxD), ca. 11,8 kg
European and American Pharmacopeia, GLP/GMP conform documentation
and printout, CFR 21 Part 11 ready, optional PC software “Aquisys 2008”
Request a quote for UniPol L1000 & L2000 or call us on UK: +44 (0)1954 232 776 / Ireland: +353 (0)144 75170.