As a Scientific Sales Specialist, you would work with our Scientific Sales and Marketing team on:
- Lead Generation, creating, nurturing and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Developing consultative sales skills, strategies, negotiating and closing business deals
- Achieving sales goals and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Contributing to the development of The Company’s sale strategy
- Providing feedback to The Company and relevant suppliers
This would involve:
- Gaining knowledge in relevant instrumentation and applications and applying this to helping our clients address leading edge scientific challenges
- Learning and developing commercial skills and taking a proactive role in the business
- Becoming the “go to” expert in certain specific scientific products and applications
- Building strong relationships with existing and prospective customers and suppliers
- Travel opportunities visiting customer sites throughout UK and Ireland, supplier sites for training and distributor meetings overseas, plus relevant scientific conferences, trade shows and other networking events in UK and Ireland and elsewhere in the World
- Working closely with internal and external sales and marketing resources to help facilitate the best and most appropriate lead generation capabilities, and to maximise cross fertilisation of business opportunities.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are a Science Graduate with an interest to apply scientific skills in sales and marketing, OR: You are a working scientist looking to step up into a more dynamic role in a commercial business environment, OR: You are an existing scientific sales professional in the early stages of your career looking for the next step and wanting to work within a small, enthusiastic and flexible team
- You enjoy making a real difference, becoming a key member in a closely knit team and playing an important role in the growth of our business
- You are a dynamic person with excellent communication skills, who finds it easy to network, establish and build positive relationships
- You have an inherent curiosity, welcome new challenges, enjoy problem solving and taking on board new information, you are flexible and embrace variety and diversity
- You are a creative and innovative thinker, hard working and conscientious with a positive can-do attitude, self-motivated and independent, well organised with attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our company. Now is a great time to get involved with Analytik. Over time, there will be ample opportunity for personal and professional development as the Scientific Sales Specialist gains success, develops critical business acumen and grows their role within the company.
The position will be based at our offices which are housed in a beautiful 17th Century converted barn just 10 miles outside of Cambridge
About…Analytik are leading suppliers of innovative analytical instrumentation to the UK and Ireland. Cutting-edge solutions from global technology providers, coupled with responsive service and flexibility has enabled the company to build an impressive customer base since forming in 2003. Analytik’s partners include Agilent Technologies, ASD Inc. (a PANalytical company), SciAps, Si-Ware, Microfluidics, Nanophoton, Sentronic, GL Optic, Avian Technologies, GeSiM, CPS Instruments, Particle Metrix, Videometer, Headwall Photonics, Quantum Northwest and Schmidt + Haensch. Solutions include portable and handheld spectrometers (NIR, FTIR, Raman), OEM NIR spectrometers, Raman microscopes, spectral imaging systems, light measurement systems, reflectance standards and coatings, non-contact nanolitre dispensing systems, nanoparticle size/zeta potential analysers, high shear fluid processors, sample temperature control systems, polarimeters and refractometers.
For further information: Please contact Ian Laidlaw, Managing Director
2 Cygnus Business Park
Middle Watch, Swavesey
Cambridge CB24 4AA
T +44(0) 1954 232 776
F +44(0) 870 135 2488